Rubio Monocoat Fumed is a tannin-reactive product that create a special aged effect on oak, making the wood turn gray. Since this product reacts in accordance to the amount of tannic acid that is present in the wood, Fumed allows for the creation of very unique and personalized effects. Rubio Fumed is user-friendly and does not release any toxic or irritating fumes or vapors.
Rubio Fumed is a pre-treatment and does not protect the wood. It has to be combined with Rubio Monocoat finishing products for maximum protection. Rubio Fumed is designed to be post treated with Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus.
Specific Characteristics of Rubio Monocoat Fumed
- Provides a “graying” effect to the wood making it look aged
- Accentuates the underlying character of the wood
- Can be post-treated with Monocoat Oil
- Releases no toxic fumes or vapors
- Note: variations in the end result of the finish – which depend upon the origin, tannic acid content, and quality of the wood – cannot be ruled out.
- Available in 1 Liter and 5 Liter sizes as well as 100 ml sample size
- One liter covers (+/-) 175 to 350 square feet
- Click here for the Rubio Fumed Technical Data Sheet
- y aqui para el TDS en el Espanol
- Click here for information about Rubio Monocoat’s interior products
- Check out How Bob Villa used Rubio Monocoat Fumed here