Rubio Monocoat Smoke
Rubio Monocoat Smoke has been especially developed to provide an ammonia-smoked aspect to oak. This product reacts in accordance to the amount of tannic acid that is present in the wood. When treated with Monocoat Smoke, oak will age. The treatment allows you to create very unique effects since the darkness of the aging depends on the amount of tannin in the wood. Rubio Monocoat Smoke is user friendly and does not release any toxic or irritating fumes or vapors.
This product is a pre-treatment providing creative smoked effects and does not protect the wood. It has to be combined with Rubio Monocoat finishing products for maximum protection. Treat afterward with Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus.
Specific Characteristics of Rubio Monocoat Smoke
- Can be post-treated with Monocoat Oil Plus.
- Provides a similar aspect as an ammonia-smoking treatment.
- Environmentally friendly, releases no toxic fumes or vapors.
- Can be diluted with water if the concentration is too high.
- 100 mL (Sample).
- 1 Liter.
- 5 Liter.
- Depending on the method of preparation and the type of wood: +/- 100 to 150 s.f./liter
- Click here for Rubio Smoke Product Data Sheet / Instructions.
- y aqui para el TDS en el Espanol
- Variations in the end result of the finish – depending on the origin, tannic acid-content and quality of the wood – cannot be ruled out.
- The product can be stored for up to 12 months. Store in dry conditions and in the original packaging. Keep away from frost