ChemLink E-Curb Box Components
E-Curb penetration seals replace old-style metal pitch pans with versatile, precast components and 1-Part polyether pourable sealants. CHEM LINK’s E-Curb System can usually be installed in under 15 minutes and never requires flashing or mechanical attachment. E-Curbs are designed for use on granulated modified bitumen, asphalt and coal tar B.U.R. (built up roofing). E-Curbs are specified for PVC, EPDM, PIB, and TPO single ply roofing membranes. E-Curbs are highly versatile for sealing penetrations around solar panel mounts, HVAC, Electrical, and any type of structural supports. TPO Primer is required for use with TPO single-ply roof membrane.
Bonding surfaces should be clean, dry and free from all contamination that may inhibit the sealant’s performance. Remove all previously applied caulk, mastic, cement, asphalt, and other contaminants from penetrations with a wire brush. Brush away all gravel or loose granules. Isopropyl alcohol is an effective cleaner for surface preparation. Please contact customer service for application guidelines with temperatures below 32°F (0°C). Do not use on TPO without the use of TPO primer. Do not use on Hypalon. Smooth APP membranes require a granulated target. This product sets rapidly upon exposure to moisture. Please refer to data sheet for step-by-step installation guidelines.
Chemlink E-Curb System – Advantages
- Rapid installation – ‘slip-fit’ light weight curb design
- Excellent adhesion to most roofing materials.
- No flashing or mechanical attachment required.
- 1-Part® pourable sealant accommodates movement and is suggested for use on all granulated membranes and details with excessive movement.
- For sloped roof applications, substitute DuraLink™ non-slump adhesive/sealant for M-1® Structural Sealant/Adhesive and 1-Part Pourable Sealant
- Sealant is flexible down to -40°F (-40°C).
- Service Temperature -40°F to 200°F (-40°C to 93°C)
E-Curb precast form components
E-Curb precast form components are composed of light weight nylon resin. The E-Curb is 2-inches high and is available in a variety of shapes and sizes.Standard sizes include bisected circular pieces with inside diameters of 3, 4, 5, 6 or 9 inches; corner pieces with a 2-inch radius; straight pieces in 3-inch or 8-inch lengths; and a 4.5” x 3.4” rectangle. The outer surface is impervious to ice, corrosion, UV (ultraviolet) light and ponding water.
- Tech Data Sheet E-Curb
- Tech Data Sheet E-Curb HVAC
- Tech Data Sheet E-Curb Metal Roof
- Tech Data Sheet E-Curb Silicone Roof Coating
- Tech Data Sheet E-Curb Solar Seals
- Tech Data Sheet E-Curb Steep Slope
- Tech Data Sheet E-Curb Vertical Wall
- SDS E-Curb
- Curb Systems Brochure
- Drawing Details E-Curb System and Instructions (including how to calculate amount of sealant needed)
- Drawing Details E-Curb System Custom Rectangle (for solar mounts)
In addition to these E-Curb Box Components you will need these other components to complete your E-Curb System (please see tech data sheets above for special instructions):
- M-1 Structural Adhesive/Sealant used for bonding the E-Curb components, sealing and priming the penetration.
- 1-Part Pourable Penetration Sealant used to form a durable, water-tight seal around the roof penetration.
- For sloped roof applications and metal roofs in general, and for vertical wall applications, substitute DuraLink® 50 non-slump adhesive/sealant for 1-Part and M-1
- For substrate or penetration temperatures exceeding 200°F (93°C), substitute DuraSil®high performance adhesive sealant instead of M-1 & 1-Part Pourable / DuraLink 50. (Refer to the DuraSil data sheet for limitations.)
- For silicone roofs, use:
- DuraSil Silicone Adhesive/Sealant used for bonding the E-Curb components, sealing and priming the penetration.
- DuraSil SL pourable silicone sealer, used to form a durable, watertight seal around the roof penetration