ChemLink 1-Part Pourable Sealant (Roof Penetration Sealant)
ChemLink 1-Part Pourable Sealant is a moisture curing, pourable sealant designed for use in pitch pans and warranted ChemLink ChemCurb penetration seals. 1-Part is suitable for application in damp, dry, or cold climates.
ChemLink 1-Part Pourable Sealant is solvent free, contains no isocyanates and will not shrink upon curing. 1-Part cannot “out-gas” or bubble on damp surfaces as urethane sealants often do. 1-Part has resilient “elastomeric” properties and excellent adhesion to most construction materials. 1-Part can be used effectively in many difficult construction site conditions and cures in wet or dry climate conditions and at low temperatures (32°F / 0°C). 1-Part’s low durometer accommodates greater movement in penetration seals than typical urethane sealants.
ChemLink 1-Part Pourable Sealant can be used with the ChemLink ChemCurb System to address the most common source of leaks – Roof penetrations. Pipes, mechanical equipment, vents, solar panels and lightning protection are examples of penetrations which, in time, will create avenues for water. Repeated cycles of load, heat, cold, moisture, water ponding, and ultraviolet inevitably degrade pitch pans, rain caps, boots and other types of seals aimed at preventing leaks.
The ChemLink ChemCurb System replaces the old style metal pitch pans with versatile precast curb components, ChemLink 1-Part Pourable Sealant, and structural adhesive/sealant. The system can usually be installed in under 15 minutes and eliminates the need for flashing or mechanical attachment.
The ChemLink ChemCurb System is designed for use on granulated modified bitumen, PVC, PIB, TPO single ply, asphalt, and coal tar B.U.R. Please note that TPO Primer must be used on TPO substrates.
The ChemCurb System forms a durable waterproof rubber seal around penetrations of any size. An extended warranty against leaks is activated when Construction & Maintenance receives a completed warranty card and proof of purchase.
ChemLink ChemCurb precast form components are composed of gray polyester resin. The ChemCurb is 2-inches high and is available in a variety of shapes and sizes. Bisected circular curbs have an inside diameter of 7½ or 5-inches. Straight pieces are available in 6 and 12-inch lengths and combine with 2-inch radius corners to create larger sizes. The outer surface is impervious to ice, corrosion, UV (ultraviolet light), and ponding water.
Advantages of ChemLink 1-Part Pourable Sealant
- No Mixing
- Solvent free
- 100% solids will not shrink
- Available in resealable pouch
- 20 minute skin over
- No outgassing on damp surfaces
- Good color stability, will not suntan
- Paintable within 24 hours (See limitations)
- Self leveling, no special tools or mixing required
- Application at temperatures as low as 32°F (0°C)
- Extended warranties available
ChemLink 1-Part Pourable Sealant – Green Standards
- LEED 2.2 for New Construction and Major Renovations: Low Emitting Materials (Section 4.1) 1 Point
- NAHB Model Green Home Building Guidelines: 5 Global Impact Points
- VOC Content: less than 19 grams/liter ASTM D2369 EPA Method 24 (tested at 240°F/115°C)
- Conforms to OTC Rule for Sealants and Caulks
- Meets requirements of California Regs: CARB, BAAQMD and SCAQMD
- This product does not contain cancer causing chemicals listed in California Proposition 65
- Conforms to USDA Requirements for Non-food Contact
ChemLink 1-Part Pourable Sealant – Packaging
- 10.1 oz (300 ml) Gray only (F1428)
24 cartridges/carton, 45 cartons/pallet
Other colors available by special order
- 28 oz (825 ml) Gray only (F1400)
12 cartridges/carton, 40 cartons/pallet
Other colors available by special order
- 1/2 Gallon Pouch Gray, White, & Black (F1425)
4 pouches in a field pack, 48 per pallet
- 1/2 Gallon Pouch Gray, White, & Black (F1426)
4 pouch/carton, 48 cartons/pallet
- 5 gallon pails available by special order (F1427)