Vermont Natural Coatings – Bohme – Terra Plus Exterior Deck Stain
Vermont Natural Coatings and Böhme’s Terra Plus Exterior deck stain is for use on decking and exterior stairs. Use on new or properly prepared decks. Böhme hybrid-oil stains and finishes provide the appearance and feel of a traditional oil finish without any of the toxic ingredients.
Strong resistance to foot traffic.
Lasting protection against moisture, mold and mildew.
Böhme has been manufacturing stains and coatings in Switzerland since 1866. Now these natural hybrid-oil stains and finishes are made in the USA and available throughout North America through a partnership with Vermont Natural Coatings. The Böhme line, for both interior and exterior applications, applies, penetrates and looks like a traditional oil. These coatings clean up with soap and water, are easy to use and maintain, and are still < 30g/L VOC.
Available in Clear, Pure Natural, Western Red Cedar, Buttermilk and Walnut
- Ultra-Low VOC (Less than 30g/L)
- Covers 300-400 sq. ft. per gallon
- Superior waterproofing protection and UV stabilizers
- Two coats recommended. First coat is recommended on all sides of wood
- Ready for second coat after 4 -6 hours; pre-treated wood will be ready after 12- 24 hours
- Available in quarts, gallons and five gallon pails
- Easy application & water cleanup
- 5 Gallon
- 1 Gallon
- 8 oz. Sample
- Also available in cases of 4 gallons.
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of any grease, glue or other contaminants prior to staining.
- For previously stained wood, sand surface lightly to help adhesion.
- If coating unfinished softwood, we recommend using Suncare 900 as a pre-treatment.
- For all other unfinished woods, pre-treat with Hydro-Oil Primer.
- Stir well prior to use.
- Always test the finish on a sample piece of wood to confirm the desired appearance.
- Apply with brush, paint pad, roller or spray.
- Two coats are recommended on all sides of wood.
- Apply evenly with the grain and always maintain a wet edge. If rolling, follow with brush or paint pad.
- For best results apply in temperatures between 45° – 80°F and relative humidity of 40%-60% Do not apply when rain is expected within 24 hours.
- 300-400 square feet per gallon.