Vermont Natural Coatings – Bohme – Ligno Exterior Wood Stain
Vermont Natural Coatings and Böhme Ligno Exterior Wood Stain is for use on all exterior applications except for decks and stairs and can be used on new and pre-stained wood.
Deep penetration for extended durability.
Excellent flow and uniform color.
Böhme has been manufacturing stains and coatings in Switzerland since 1866. Now these natural hybrid-oil stains and finishes are made in the USA and available throughout North America through a partnership with Vermont Natural Coatings. The Böhme line, for both interior and exterior applications, applies, penetrates and looks like a traditional oil. These coatings clean up with soap and water, are easy to use and maintain, and are still < 30g/L VOC.
Available in Clear, Pure Natural, Western Red Cedar, Buttermilk and Walnut
- Ultra-Low VOC (Less than 30g/L)
- Covers 300-400 sq. ft. per gallon
- Ready for second coat after 4 -6 hours
- Available in quarts, gallons and five gallon pails
- Easy application & water cleanup
- 5 Gallon
- 1 Gallon
- 8 oz. Sample
- Also available in cases of 4 gallons.
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of any grease, glue or other contaminants prior to staining.
- For previously stained wood, sand surface lightly to help adhesion.
- If coating unfinished softwood, we recommend using Suncare 900 as a pre-treatment.
- For all other unfinished woods, pre-treat with Hydro-Oil Primer.
- Stir well prior to use.
- Always test the finish on a sample piece of wood to confirm the desired appearance.
- Apply with brush, paint pad, roller or spray.
- Two coats are recommended on all sides of wood.
- Apply evenly with the grain and always maintain a wet edge. If rolling, follow with brush or paint pad.
- For best results apply in temperatures between 45° – 80°F and relative humidity of 40%-60%
- Do not apply when rain is expected within 24 hours.
- 300-400 square feet per gallon.