ChemLink NovaLink TX Texturized Joint Sealant
Chemlink NovaLink TX Texturized Joint Sealant is a gun-grade polyether, moisture cure, texturized elastomeric sealant, formulated for use on expansion joints where a textured appearance is required. NovaLink TX has excellent adhesion to most construction materials including cementitious siding, concrete, glass, roofing, metal and Kynar 500® PVDF-coated metals. NovaLink TX is isocyanate free, paintable and validated for ± 35% joint movement.
- Expansion Joints.
- Block and Masonry
- Pre-cast concrete
- Cementitious siding
- Cove joints
- Weather sealing
- Carton of 24 – 10.1 oz cartridges
- (20 ounce sausage – case of 12 – special order)
NovaLink TX is available in a variety of highly stable color options that will not suntan when exposed to UV rays. Custom colors are also available upon request:
- Dark Bronze
- Redwood Tan
- Special Bronze
- Special Gray
Special Order Colors (call for availability)
- Aluminum Gray
- Medium Bronze
- Natural Clay
- Anodized Aluminum
- Aluminum Stone
- Solvent free, 100% solids will not shrink.
- 30 minute skin over.
- No outgassing on damp surfaces.
- Color stability, will not suntan.
- Paintable within 24 hours (See limitations).
- +/- 25% joint movement.
Regulatory Compliance – Novalink TX Meets or Conforms to:
- OTC Rule for Sealants
- ASTM C920, Type S, Grade NS, Class 35, Uses NT, T2, M, G, A & O
- California Regs: CARB, BAAQMD and SCAQMD
- Federal Specification TT-S-00230-C Type II, Class B
- Corps of Engineers CRD-C-541, Type II, Class B
- Canadian Standards Board CAN 19, 13-M82
- LEED 2.2 for New Construction and Major Renovations: Low Emitting Materials (Section 4.1) 1 Point.
- NAHB Model Green Home Building Guidelines: 5 Global Impact Points.
- VOC Content: less than 22 grams/liter ASTM D2369 EPA Method 24 (tested at 240°F/115°C).
Bonding surfaces should be clean, dry and free from all contamination that may inhibit the sealant’s performance. Isopropyl alcohol is an effective cleaner for surface preparation. Install all joint applications per ASTM and SWRI recommendations and guidelines. Please contact customer service for application guidelines for temperatures below 32 degrees F (0 degrees C). Maintain sealant at room temperature before application to ensure adequate tooling and adhesion. This product sets rapidly upon exposure to moisture.