ChemLink HBR-Rod Closed-Cell Backer Rod
Flexible Foam Rods For Use As Backer For Sealants
ChemLink HBR-Rod is a round, flexible, continuous lengths of extruded, closed-cell polyethylene foam backer rod for use as a backing material for elastomeric and other cold applied sealants.
TYPE: C – Per ASTM C 1330. Cylindrical, flexible sealant backings composed predominantly of closed cell material per ASTM C 1330 for use with cold applied sealants.
TYPE: 3 -Per ASTM D 5249. Round rods of various diameters for use with cold applied joint sealants.
TEMPERATURE LIMITS: -45°F to +160°F.
Chemlink HBR-Rod Benefits
ChemLink HBR-Rod limits the depth of the sealant and prevents excessive sealant use. It also helps sealant assume optimum shape factor to prolong sealant service life and acts as a barrier to the flow of sealant through the joint.
Chemlink HBR-Rod Compatibility
Closed-cell polyethylene foam is an inert material; and therefore, it is compatible, both physically and chemically, with virtually all known cold applied sealants including self-leveling types.
ChemLink HBR-Rod Available Sizes
- 1.5″ x 552 ft (6 ft cut lengths / 92 per carton)
- 2″ x 360 ft (6 ft cut lengths / 60 per carton)
- 2.5″ x 240 ft (6 ft cut lengths / 40 per carton)
- 3″ x 144 ft (6 ft cut lengths / 24 per carton)
- 4″ x 90 ft (6 ft cut lengths / 15 per carton)
- 6″ x 72 ft (9 ft cut lengths / 8 per carton) – special shipping required
Use With Duralink 35 or Duralink 50