The Insulated Attic Light Cap by SEALIN’ HATCH
The Insulated Attic Light Cap by SEALIN’ HATCH is a quick, simple, and cost-effective solution to keep all types of insulation material away from the typical recessed light and bath fan. Field proven to be an E-Z install! Top made with 75% recycled material.
- Manufactured with fire rated components.
- Easily covers most round new and existing recess lights.
- Designed to keep insulation material 3″ away from the standard round recess light.
- Saves valuable energy, stops air leakage.
- Improves comfort, stops heat loss or gain.
- Reduces noise.
- Saves time, quick and simple installation
- Improves safety, Installers spend less time in hot amd potentially unsafe attic environments.
- Substantially improves insulation-weatherization crew productivity.
- Eliminates homeowner complaints and costly callbacks caused by buried lights cycling on/off and dirt and insulation fiber infiltrating through the light fixture.
Quantity Discount Pricing
Quantity 1-19: $14.99; Quantity 20+: $13.49
Note that the box of 20 will also result in the best shipping cost per unit.
- Make sure bulb wattage does not exceed fixture manufacturer’s limit
- Center Light Cap on light fixture
- May be neatly cut to fit around wires, fixture, and joists, where necessary
- Bottoms need to be flush with attic floor surface
- Some installers seal or stick the Light Caps down with a foam caulk (if so, let set before installing insulation) – Or, just hold them down flush to attic floor surface install insulation around and over the Cap.
Even though these attic caps, assembled by Sealin’ Hatch, do not have an ASTM rating, the material from which they are made does. Sealin’ hatch attic caps are made from Temp Shield Single Bubble Double Foil, which is the second column in the first row of the below document. Note: Temp Shield has a contact temperature range of -60 degrees F to 180 degrees F, which is a Class A/Class 1 Fire rating. Sealin’ Hatch attic caps are built to perform!
Click here for PDF document to verify Temp Shield’s performance. Please feel free to call or email with any questions or concerns.