Wicanders – cork Essence flooring
The Wicanders cork Essense commercial/residential floating floor is designed to bring comfort to commercial and residential spaces. Constructed with a double cork layer in its structure that reinforces the thermal and acoustic performance, it is easy to clean and maintain, and comes with a 15 year warranty for residential use.
Rich in style, charm and sophistication, cork Essence expresses its personality through the unique designs and formats aligned with modern interior design trends. In harmony with nature, each board is unique. The ideal floor for creating ambiances full of charm, combined with the unique comfort of cork and the performance requirements of residential and light commercial applications.
The following varieties of cork Essence flooring are available:
- Originals Accent, Fashionable Cement, and Linn Blush (35 5/8″ x 11/5/8″, with no bevel, 22.99 SF per carton) and
- Flock Chestnut, Flock Moonlight (48″ x 5.5″, with four sided bevel, 14.704 SF per carton).
- Thickness: 13/32″
- Finish: Xtramatt**
- Locking System: Floating 2G
- Warranty: 15 years residential, 5 Light Commercial
**Xtramatt surface has a unique natural look and feel, combined with the resistance and performance of a UV finish, focused on environmental friendly properties and ease of maintenance.
An alternate Wicanders product line for residential applications, named cork Go, is also available. Click here for cork Go.
Wicanders cork Essence can be installed over a variety of dry, even subfloors including cement, wood and tile. Some leveling may be required, if variation exceeds manufacturer’s recommendations (see installation guide under the Specs tab on this page). This product is a floating floor that does not fasten to the subfloor.
What Makes Cork Sustainable?
Cork is the bark of the cork oak tree, and it is harvested in an ancient and manual process without cutting or hurting the tree. Cork is first harvested when the tree is 25 years old and the trunk perimeter reaches 70cm. The bark regrows and subsequent harvestings take place every nine years, between the months of May and July. These trees have an average lifespan of 200 years, meaning that the same tree can be harvested 15 to 18 times during its life. Find more answers to questions about this product here.
Wicanders flooring will be delivered via freight with two options: Standard Residential and Commercial.
- Choose “Standard Residential” if you do not have a loading dock or an onsite fork lift. With this option, the freight truck will come with a lift gate and you product will be placed at ground level by the delivery truck.
- Choose “Commercial” if you do have a forklift onsite or a loading dock with ability to roll pallets off the delivery truck.