Chemlink DuraSil High Performance Silicone Adhesive Sealant
Chemlink DuraSil™ is a single-component neutral-cure silicone construction sealant used for a wide range of new construction and renovation applications.
It has outstanding weather resistance and durability in dry, cold or wet conditions. Chemlink DuraSil is stable to temperatures up to 400° F. DuraSil bonds well to Kynar 500® PVDF coated metal, glass block, and many other materials.
Chemlink DuraSil may be used to seal windows and doors and curtain walls, and can also be used in many marine and transportation applications.
DuraSil is a moisture curing (RTV) silicone adhesive sealant designed for application on dissimilar materials. Glass, aluminum, steel, copper, masonry and many engineering plastics such as polycarbonate, vinyl (PVC), fiberglass (FRP), and acrylic. DuraSil is also well suited for difficult to bond surfaces such as Kynar 500® PVDF and Tedlar® PVF.
DuraSil’s low odor, non corrosive, and neutral cure chemistry will not damage unprotected metals. DuraSil is highly elastic and low modulus with mechanical properties capable of low temperature flexibility and 50% joint movement.
DuraSil develops properties rapidly and is effective in many industrial applications where strength, elasticity, adhesion, and speed of set are required.
- carton of 24 – 10.1 oz cartridges.
- Black – (special order – call for availability)
- Gray – (special order – call for availability)
All four colors are also available special order in 20oz sausages (12 per carton) and 5 gallon pails. Call for availability and pricing.
- Neutral Cure. Will not promote corrosion of metal.
- Bonds to Kynar 500® PVDF coated metal.
- Solvent free, 100% solids will not shrink.
- Non-slump, applies vertically and overhead.
- 10 minute skin over.
- Color stability, will not suntan.
- +/- 50% joint movement.
- Conforms to OTC Rule for Sealants.
- Meets requirements of California Regs: CARB, BAAQMD and SCAQMD.
- Conforms to California Proposition 65.
- Conforms to USDA Requirements for Non-food Contact.
- LEED 2.2 for New Construction and Major Renovations: Low Emitting Materials (Section 4.1) 1 Point.
- NAHB Model Green Home Building Guidelines: 5 Global Impact Points.
- VOC Content: less than 33 grams / liter ASTM D2369 EPA Method 24 (tested at 240°F / 115°C).