Chemlink DuraSil SL Pourable Silicone Sealant
ChemLink DuraSil SL is an oxime (neutral) cure silicone sealant designed for use in pitch pans and warranted ChemLink ChemCurb penetration seals. ChemLink DuraSil SL is suitable for hot pipe applications up to 400°F (204°C). ChemLink DuraSil SL’s low durometer and resilient “elastomeric” properties accommodate greater movement in penetration seals than typical urethane sealants. DuraSil SL is solvent free, contains no isocyanates and will not shrink upon curing. DuraSil SL can be used effectively in wet or dry climate conditions and at low temperatures down to 32°F (0°C).
- Self leveling, no special tools or mixing required
- Neutral cure will not promote corrosion of metal
- Solvent free, 100% solids will not shrink
- No outgassing on damp surfaces
- Good color stability, will not suntan
- Application at temperatures as low as 32°F (0°C)
- Extended warranties available
Rate of cure is dependent on atmospheric conditions. Curing proceeds at a rate of 1/4” a week at 70°F (22°C) and 50% Relative Humidity. Lower temperature and humidity will inhibit the rate of cure. Higher temperature and humidity will accelerate rate of cure. Depths of more than 2” will cure through in 2 to 3 months.
- Conforms to OTC Rule for Sealants and Caulks
- Meets requirements of California Regs: CARB, BAAQMD and SCAQMD
- This product does not contain cancer causing chemicals listed in California Proposition 65
- Conforms to USDA Requirements for Non-food Contact
- LEED 2.2 for New Construction and Major Renovations: Low Emitting Materials (Section 4.1) 1 Point
- NAHB Model Green Home Building Guidelines: 5 Global Impact Points
- VOC Content: less than 33 grams/liter ASTM D2369 EPA Method 24 (tested at 240°F/115°C)
- 2 Liter Pouch
4 pouch/field pack, 48 field packs/pallet
- 2 and 5 gallon pails or 50 gallon drums
available by special order
- (Color matching is available in batch quantity only)
Remove all previously applied caulk, mastic, cement, asphalt and other contaminants from penetrations with a wire brush. Brush away all gravel or loose granules.
Seal the base of each penetration with DuraSil.
Coat penetrations with DuraSil one inch above the top of
the ChemCurb/pitch pan. Remove the cap from the pouch, pour into curb. If there is remaining sealant, squeeze out excess air and reseal.
It is recommended to fill the ENTIRE ChemCurb/pitch pan with DurSil SL and maintain a one inch distance between the penetration and inside edge of the ChemCurb/pitch pan to provide an adequate rubber seal.
DO NOT USE petroleum based solvents such as mineral spirits or xylene for cleaning purposes.
Maintain DuraSil SL at room temperature before applying to ensure easy leveling. Test and evaluate to ensure adequate adhesion.
Dry all visible and standing water prior to applying DuraSil SL
Wet adhesive can be removed using a solvent such as alcohol.
Cured DuraSil SL can be removed by abrading or scraping the substrate.
Store original, unopened containers in a cool, dry area. Protect unopened containers from water, heat and direct sunlight. Elevated temperatures will reduce shelf life. DuraSil SL will not freeze.
One year from date of manufacture when stored in normal environments. High temperature and high relative humidity may significantly reduce shelf life. Pails have a shelf life of six months.
Click here for more information