Franmar LEAD OUT Lead Paint Remover
Franmar’s LEAD OUT™ is a new exciting lead paint remover that renders lead paint non-hazardous for safe removal and inexpensive disposal. Made with soybeans, Franmar Lead Out Lead Paint Remover uses a special patented Molecular Bonding System or MBS® that reacts with lead at the molecular level to alter the lead compounds to a non-hazardous compound. The result is a safe, simple, affordable way to safely remove lead-paint. Because the lead in the paint is converted to non-hazardous, waste disposal is easy and inexpensive.
Franmar’s LEAD OUT™ will remove multiple layers of lead paint, latex, oil paints, enamels, varnish, and urethanes in one application and even cleans up with water or a simple degreaser such as Franmar’s EMERGE. Once clean up is complete, surfaces treated with Franmar’s LEAD OUT™ consistently produce test results well below the EPA’s lead safe limits.
Very effectively removes lead paint and makes the lead non-hazardous for removal and disposal
- LEAD OUT is non-caustic, biodegradable, with no toxic fumes
- Strips lead paint and renders its lead non-hazardous in one application
- SAFE! No methylene chloride. Eco friendly.
- Made with 100% American Grown Soybeans
- With lead converted to non-hazardous, waste disposal is easy and inexpensive
- Pleasant, light fragrance
Due to variances in surfaces and conditions, it is recommended to test in a small, inconspicuous area before beginning the whole project.USAGE:Mixing:
Open package of stabilizer powder and mix thoroughly with Lead Paint Remover Gel. Once mixed, the product will only work for 24 hours to convert lead particles in the paint to non-hazardous.Application:
Apply a thick layer by pouring, brushing, or squeegee. Applying too thinly will cause paint removal and lead particle conversion to be incomplete. Use a scraper to check if the coating is softened down to the surface. If not, wait longer and recheck. When the coating is completely softened, remove with a scraper. Collect the converted lead coating(s) in a suitable container for disposal.Clean Up:
Remove softened coatings and LEAD OUT before final cleaning. Then use Franmar’s Emerge degreaser or soap and water and a scrub brush, mop, or power washer. Allow surface to dry before further preparations.Usage Tips:
|Coverage:Coverage per square foot varies depending on the type and age of coating, number of layers and method of application.Horizontal: Average coverage is 125 sq. ft. per gallon (max 200 sq. ft. per gallon)Vertical: Average coverage is 75 sq. ft. per gallon.Attributes:BiodegradableSafe for use on: Concrete, masonry, wood, and metal.pH Level: 8.1pH
VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) 49%, 4.249 lb/g, 509 g/l
- How do I know if I have lead paint? EPA’s recognized lead test kits.
- See comparison of other lead based paint strippers. See why LEAD-OUT is #1!
- Actual lab test of before and after lead content.
- Read the helpful tip sheet.
- EPA’s finding a qualified lead professional for your home.
- EPA’s Renovation, Repair, and Painting (RRP) Rules.
- EPA’s information about disposing of lead paint for contractors and residents.
- Lead Out tech sheet