Vermont Natural Coatings – Bohme – Hydro Oil Primer
Vermont Natural Coatings and Böhme’s Hydro oil primer is for use on bare exterior wood to stabilize the wood structure and extend the life of the wood. Pure Natural color (#101771).
Ideal for use on all species of Cedar.
Reduces the effect of water marks.
Provides a more even topcoat application.
Protects the topcoat from tannin bleed.
Böhme has been manufacturing stains and coatings in Switzerland since 1866. Now these natural hybrid-oil stains and finishes are made in the USA and available throughout North America through a partnership with Vermont Natural Coatings. The Böhme line, for both interior and exterior applications, applies, penetrates and looks like a traditional oil. These coatings clean up with soap and water, are easy to use and maintain, and are still < 30g/L VOC.
- Ultra-Low VOC (Less than 30g/L)
- Covers 300-400 sq. ft. per gallon
- Extends the life of the topcoat
- Ready for topcoat after 12-48 hours
- Available in quarts, gallons and five gallon pails
- Easy application & water cleanup
- 5 Gallon
- 1 Gallon
- 8 oz. Sample
- Also available in cases of 4 gallons.
- Surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned and dried.
- Ideal as a pre-treatment for cedar.
- For use on untreated new or bare exterior wood.
- Always test the finish on a sample piece of wood to confirm the desired appearance.
- Apply with brush, paint pad, roller or spray.
- One coat is recommended on all sides of wood.
- Apply evenly with the grain and always maintain a wet edge. If rolling, follow with brush or paint pad.
- For best results apply in temperatures between 45° – 80°F and relative humidity of 40%-60% Do not apply when rain is expected within 24 hours.
- 300-400 square feet per gallon.