Wooly Wednesday Winterization Workshops
Free! Gratis! Free! Gratis! Free!
When? Wednesdays (and Saturdays) through the Winter Solstice
- Wednesdays Noon-1pm
- Noon – 1pm for structured workshop
- (drop in any time after 11:30 or before 1:30pm for informal discussion)
- December 2nd, 9th, and 16th
- Saturdays 2pm-3pm
- 2pm – 3pm for structured workshop
- (drop in any time after 1:30 or before 3:30 for informal discussion)
- December 5th, 12th, and 19th
- We Michiganders spend 72 cents of every energy dollar for energy imports!
- We spend 45% of our energy bill heats our homes!
- We will discuss a number of winterization issues, products, and techniques!
- Acquaint yourself with wonderful wool:
- Touch some wool insulation (no gloves or mask needed!)
- Rub it on your face
- Lay down on it and take a short nap!
- Handle it
- Pull it out of our display and put it back in
- Preformed standard-width rolls and loose sheep wool too!
- Complimentary wood fire and coffee (with Cream Cup dairy and maple syrup)
- 654 M-22 in Elberta
- (across from the Elberta Post Office)
- call 231.399.0700 for details
We will have available, for $10 each, used copies of William K. Langdon’s “Movable Insulation” book.
Learn how to make some movable window insulation!
If you pre-measure your windows, you can make some at the workshop!
Workshops are being offered in conjunction with our: