Vermont Natural Coatings – Hydro Lacquer Reactive Sealer with PolyWhey®
Vermont Natural Coatings Hydro Lacquer Sealer with PolyWhey® is a grain enhancing sealer that resembles a warm oil look for floors, furniture, and all other interior woods. Finally, an effective alternative to hazardous solvent-based finishes. Hydro Lacquer is made with Decovery® plant-based resins. This product is part of our Climate Cool™ program.
Hydro Lacquer is a USDA Certified Biobased Product. By using renewable, bio based materials, we can displace the need for non-renewable petroleum-based chemicals. RECOMMENDED USES: For use on wood floors, cabinets, doors, trim, moldings and furniture projects. Use on all interior woods.
- Quick drying
- Neutral odor
- Grain enhancing
- Oil-tone look
- Hydro Lacquer Reactive Sealer with PolyWhey is a USDA Certified Biobased Product
- 5 Gallon
- 1 Gallon (Also available in cases of 4 gallons)
- 1 Quart
- 8 oz. Sample
- Stir well prior to use. Do not thin.
- Always test finish on a sample piece of wood to confirm desired appearance. For best results apply in temperatures between 60º F – 80º F with a relative humidity between 40% to 60%.
- Using a brush, T-bar, painter pad, roller or spray gun apply thin even coats with the grain of the wood. Let first coat dry and sand with 220 grit or finer to knock down grain raise. If applying to a floor, vacuum and tack the floor after buffing. Coats will take 2 hours under normal conditions to dry. High humidity and low temperatures may lengthen dry time.
- Two coats of Hydro Lacquer and two coats of any PolyWhey® topcoat are recommended for most applications. Do not apply more than two coats in a day.
- Allow one week for full cure.