Energy-Efficient Natural Daylight Skylight System with LED Night-Lighting
Introducing Solatube Smart LED, a revolutionary day and night home lighting solution that cuts lighting energy use by 94%. This innovative system unites advanced LED technology with state-of-the-art daylighting, so you get energy-efficient lighting that is cost-effective and eco-friendly. The photo-sensitive LED allows the daylighting system to switch from daylight to energy-efficient LEDs, keeping the same amount of light available from the daylighting skylight dome as day turns to night.
Designed to light spaces up to 250 sq. ft., the Smart LED System works best in small- to mid-sized spaces like hallways, bathrooms, kitchens and closets. Use them in multiples for a dramatic effect in larger areas.
Simple to Install Natural Solatube Skylighting
Solatube’s solar lighting systems are easily installed. The kits come with everything you need and can be installed within a few hours time.
Solatube wants to ensure that customers have the best results and part of that involves getting the order right the first time. Thus, instead of allowing you to add this product to your shopping cart, we ask that you call us at 231.399-0700, or use our Solatube Inquiry Form. Please see the additional information below and on the Specs and Accessories tabs, and give us a call or send us your inquiry form! When you do, please ask about contractor’s discounts and quantity discounts!
Single Pack Kit Option Information
- Pitched Metal Flashing is used for roofs with a pitch of 4:12 – 12:12.
- No Pitch metal flashing is used for flat roofs and roofs with pitches 0:12 to 3:12.
- Available separately (additional cost): Solatube Metal Roof Installation Kit for metal roofs and Solatube Universal Tile Flashing for tile roofs (Tile Flashing requires standard pitched or no-pitch flashing as a base).
Solatube Diffuser Options
Get the type of daylight you desire with the diffuser of your choice.
- Solatube Vusion Diffuser (Included): For outstanding light diffusion that artfully blends to the ceiling plane, select the Vusion diffuser. The fresh design harmonizes with most decors, yet provides the radiance of natural light.
- Solatube OptiView Diffuser (additional cost): Considered the ultimate in diffuser design, this technologically-superior diffuser uses a Fresnel lens to deliver crystal clear daylight and a unique view of the sky. Solatube OptiView Diffuser.
Solatube Extension Tube Options
Bring light in from the sun with the correct length of tube.
- No Tubes: This option is for those that have 11″ or less between the ceiling and roof.
- Two 16″ Extension Tubes (additional cost): This option is for those that have a span up to 43″ between ceiling and roof. More Solatube Extension Tubes are available if you need more than 43″.
- Custom Extension Tubes (additional cost): Solatube 16″ Extension Tubes, Solatube 24″ Extension Tubes, and Solatube 0-90 Degree Elbow Extension Tubes
Solatube Single Pack Kit Product Specifications
- Tube Size: Approximately 10 inches.
- Light Coverage Area: 150-200 sq. ft.
- Potential Tube Length: 20+ Feet.
- Effective Daylight Capture Surface: 160 inches.
Solatube Single Pack Kit Contents Include
- Acrylic Dome
- Metal Flashing
- Top/Bottom Tube Assembly
- Two 16″ Extension Tubes (Optional)
- Diffuser and Effect Lens
- Seal and Fastener Kit
- Installation Instructions
- Roof Sealant
You won’t need your electric lights during the day because the SmartLED System uses no-cost, natural light to illuminate your home. At night, energy-efficient LEDs automatically trigger to light your interior after the sun goes down. This dynamic combination makes it possible to reduce your energy use by up to 94%. In addition, the Smart LED System has earned the prestigious ENERGY STAR rating* for its ability to minimize heat loss in extremely cold climates and heat gain in extremely warm ones, giving you the ultimate in thermal performance.
With its cutting-edge, energy-
efficient design, the Solatube
Smart LED System beat out more
than 300 other lighting-related
products to win the coveted LightFair
International Innovation Award in early 2013.
Since then, it has been featured extensively in the media in places like Fox News, Residential Building Products Magazine, Environmental Design and Construction Magazine, and even DIY Television .