EcoTimber sustainably harvested, Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified wood pushes the timber industry in a more responsible direction, discourages illegal logging, and helps create economic value for a forest ecosystem that might otherwise be cleared for agriculture or development. Forest certification allows consumers to use their purchasing power to support forestry that conserves forests for future generations.
Special shipping note: You must select a flat shipping rate after adding this item to your shopping cart. Click here to add.
For a printable version of this page on bamboo flooring: EcoTimber Vertical Solid Traditional , click here (coming soon).
Why Bamboo Flooring?
Bamboo is considered a rapidly renewable resource, which is why bamboo flooring is an excellent choice for those looking for a green, eco-friendly flooring option. When bamboo is harvested, the root of the plant stays in the ground. The plant then grows back to mature height in 4 to 7 years. A tree such as an oak takes about 120 years to be ready to be harvested.
Bamboo Flooring offers all the benefits of hardwood flooring plus more at a reasonable price. It can increase the value of your home and is available in a wide-variety of options to suit any budget.
Bamboo floors are also popular because they are durable, easy to maintain, and available is such a wide variety of colors and style options.
- Good for people with allergies and sensitivities
Bamboo flooring can be easily swept and cleaned, which prevents any build up of dust mites and allergens. Carpet traps allergens. EcoTimber makes urea-formeldehyde free bamboo flooring. Urea formaldehyde (UF) is responsible for emitting volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that damage indoor air quality. Many bamboo flooring manufacturers use UF as an adhesive in the lamination process.
What is Bamboo Flooring?
Bamboo Flooring is flooring made from the bamboo plant. This plant grows quickly and makes a durable, rapidly renewable, eco-friendly flooring option. Most bamboo today is grown in Asia. Moso bamboo is the species most commonly used for flooring. It can grow up to 47 inches in 24 hours!
How to Care for Bamboo Flooring:
Depending on how it is manufactured and finished, the floor you chose will have specific care instructions. Preventing scratches, removing grit, avoiding standing moisture, and using appropriate cleaning products will help keep your floor in great shape. If you would like us to send you maintenance instructions, please email us with the name of the specific bamboo floor that interests you.
- 28.35 SqFt per box
- Thickness: 5/8″
- Face Width: 3-3/4″
- Length: 77-3/16″
- 1100-1300 per Janka scale (Amber)
- 85-101% as hard as Red Oak (Amberl)
- 1350-1600 per Janka scale (Natural)
- 105-124% as hard as Red Oak (Natural)
- 100% Bamboo
- 3-Ply Horizontal construction
- Micro-beveled edges
- Satin sheen aluminum oxide enhanced UV-cured acrylic urethane with scratch-resistant hardened acrylic top-coat
- Warranted over some radiant heat systems – please read installation instructions thoroughly
- Click here for Installation Instructions
- A highly renewable resource, timber bamboo is harvested just 5-6 years after being planted
- Made with a formaldehyde-free adhesive that does not off-gas in the home
- Easily meets the E1 and 2012 CARB standards for indoor air quality
- MR 6 – Rapidly Renewable Materials
- EQ 4.4 – Low Emitting Materials – Composite Wood and Laminate Adhesive
- Lifetime residential / 25-year commercial warranty against construction defects
- 27-year residential / 5-year commercial warranty against finish wear-through
- Click here to view warranty information