Chemlink Clear General Purpose Sealant
Chemlink Clear General Purpose Sealant is a multipurpose polyether based, high-performance sealant that can be used to seal a wide range of construction materials.
Chemlink Clear Sealant bonds to most roofing, siding, window, metal, flashing, HVAC and general construction surfaces.
Moisture curing, polyether sealant designed for application in damp, dry, or cold climates. Chemlink Clear Sealant is solvent free and contains no isocyanates. It will not shrink upon curing, will not discolor when exposed to UV light, and cannot “out‑gas” or bubble on damp surfaces as urethane sealants often do. Chemlink Clear Sealant has resilient “elastomeric” properties and excellent adhesion to most construction materials. It is capable of joint movement in excess of 25% in both compression and extension. Chemlink Clear Sealant can be used effectively in many difficult construction site conditions, curing in wet or dry climate conditions and at low temperatures 32°F (0°C).
- Aluminum and Galvanized Metal.
- Stainless Steel.
- Engineered Plastics, PVC.
- Fiberglass FRP.
- Wood Block and Brick.
- EPS Foam.
- Concrete and Stone.
- Pre-cast Concrete.
- Block and Masonry.
- Window and door frames.
- Cove Joints.
- Weather Sealing.
- carton of 24 – 10.1 oz cartridges
Chemlink Clear Sealant Advantages
- Solvent free, 100% solids will not shrink.
- 20 minute skin over.
- Non-slump, applies vertically and overhead.
- No outgassing on damp surfaces.
- Paintable within 24 hours (See limitations).
- Gun grade, no special tools or mixing required.
- Application at temperatures as low as 32°F (0°C).
- Conforms to OTC Rule for Sealants and Caulks.
- Meets requirements of California Regs: CARB, BAAQMD and SCAQMD.
- Conforms to California Proposition 65.
- Conforms to USDA Requirements for Non-food Contact.
- LEED 2.2 for New Construction and Major Renovations: Low Emitting Materials (Section 4.1) 1 Poi.
- NAHB Model Green Home Building Guidelines: 5 Global Impact Points.
- VOC Content: less than 14 grams/liter ASTM D2369 EPA Method 24 (tested at 240°F/115°C).