ChemLink ChemCurb Kits
ChemLink ChemCurb was developed to address the most common source of leaks – Roof penetrations. Pipes, mechanical equipment, vents, solar panels and lightning protection are examples of penetrations which, in time, will create avenues for water. Repeated cycles of load, heat, cold, moisture, water ponding, and ultraviolet inevitably degrade pitch pans, rain caps, boots and other types of seals aimed at preventing leaks.
The ChemLink ChemCurb System replaces the old style metal pitch pans with versatile precast curb components, pourable sealant, and structural adhesive/sealant. The system can usually be installed in under 15 minutes and eliminates the need for flashing or mechanical attachment.
The ChemLink ChemCurb System is designed for use on granulated modified bitumen, PVC, PIB, TPO single ply, asphalt, and coal tar B.U.R. Please note that TPO Primer must be used on TPO substrates.
The ChemCurb system forms a durable waterproof rubber seal around penetrations of any size. An extended warranty against leaks is activated whenConstruction & Maintenance receives a completed warranty card and proof of purchase.
ChemLink ChemCurb precast form components are composed of gray polyester resin. The ChemCurb is 2-inches high and is available in a variety of shapes and sizes. Bisected circular curbs have an inside diameter of 7½ or 5-inches. Straight pieces are available in 6 and 12-inch lengths and combine with 2-inch radius corners to create larger sizes. The outer surface is impervious to ice, corrosion, UV (ultraviolet light), and ponding water.
The ChemCurb System – Advantages
- Rapid installation – reduces labor significantly.
- Excellent adhesion to most roofing materials.
- No flashing or mechanical attachment required.
- 1-Part® pourable sealant accommodates movement and is suggested for use on all granulated membranes and details with excessive movement.
- For sloped roof applications, substitute DuraLink™ non-slump adhesive/sealant for M-1® Structural Sealant/Adhesive and 1-Part Pourable Sealant
- Sealant is flexible down to -40°F (-40°C).
- Service Temperature -40°F to 200°F (-40°C to 93°C)
ChemCurb System Components
- ChemCurb exterior rings, straights, and corners.
- M-1 Structural Adhesive/Sealant used for bonding the ChemCurb components, sealing and priming the penetration.
- 1-Part Pourable Penetration Sealant or PRO PACK™ two-part urethane pourable sealer. Both sealants are used to form a durable, water-tight seal around the roof penetration.