Chemlink BuildSecure Multi-Purpose Construction Adhesive
Chemlink BuildSecure is a fast setting, structural adhesive designed for various “panel on frame” assemblies in commercial and residential construction. Chemlink BuildSecure can achieve wood tearing bonds in less than four hours at 72°F (22°C). The speed of set and ultimate shear strength make Chemlink BuildSecure ideal for shear wall construction and roof assemblies in a production setting where timing is of critical importance.
The “green strength” and ultimate 400+ PSI shear strength, of this adhesive permits floor decks, shear-walls and roof assemblies to be bonded to each other, forming a rigid “airframe” type construction with strength in all directions. Chemlink BuildSecure is capable of filling gaps and forming bonds on irregular surfaces without shrinking.
Chemlink BuildSecure is a solvent free, non-flammable, moisture curing adhesive. It complies with all OSHA, State, Local and Federal air quality regulations. This adhesive is non-carcinogenic and complies with California Proposition 65.
- Galvanized Metal.
- Engineered Plastics, PVC.
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS).
- Fiberglass FRP.
- EPS Foam.
- Bonding conforming subfloor structures.
- Bonding roof and wall sheathing to wood and metal stud.
- Installing EPS foam insulation.
- Wood to metal assemblies.
- Installing cabinetry and sink tops.
- Installing “tack strip” to secure carpeting.
- Structural insulated panels (SIPs).
- Gap filling or bridging.
carton of 24 – 10.1 oz cartridges.
Chemlink BuildSecure Construction Adhesive Advantages
- Fast settings, high adhesion, solvent free, non-flammable.
- 100% VOC compliant.
- Tough elastomeric bonds.
- Conforms to OTC Rule for Adhesives.
- Meets requirements of California regulations: CARB, SCAQMD and BAAQMD.
- Conforms to California Proposition 65.
- Conforms to USDA requirements for non-food contact.
- LEED 2.2 for New Construction and Major Renovations: Low Emitting Materials (Section 4.1) eligible for 1 Point.
- NAHB Model Green Home Building Guidelines: 5 Global Impact Points.
- VOC Content: less than 32 grams/liter: ASTM D2369 / EPA Method 24 at 240°F (includes water).