The Insulated Attic Light Cap by SEALIN’ HATCH
The Insulated Attic Light Cap by SEALIN’ HATCH is a quick, simple, and cost-effective solution to keep all types of insulation material away from the typical recessed light and bath fan. Field proven to be an E-Z install! Top made with 75% recycled material.
- Manufactured with fire rated components.
- Easily covers most round new and existing recess lights.
- Designed to keep insulation material 3″ away from the standard round recess light.
- Saves valuable energy, stops air leakage.
- Improves comfort, stops heat loss or gain.
- Reduces noise.
- Saves time, quick and simple installation
- Improves safety, Installers spend less time in hot amd potentially unsafe attic environments.
- Substantially improves insulation-weatherization crew productivity.
- Eliminates homeowner complaints and costly callbacks caused by buried lights cycling on/off and dirt and insulation fiber infiltrating through the light fixture.
Quantity Discount Pricing
Quantity 1-15: $13.69; Quantity 16+: $11.79
Note that the box of 16 will also result in the best shipping cost per unit.
- Make sure bulb wattage does not exceed fixture manufacturer’s limit
- Center Light Cap on light fixture
- May be neatly cut to fit around wires, fixture, and joists, where necessary
- Bottoms need to be flush with attic floor surface
- Some installers seal or stick the Light Caps down with a foam caulk (if so, let set before installing insulation) – Or, just hold them down flush to attic floor surface install insulation around and over the Cap.