UltraTouch Insulation is a Class-A building material that offers excellent thermal and acoustical performance. Made from natural cotton fibers UltraTouch does not contain fiberglass and won’t cause itching or skin irritation. The natural materials used to manufacture UltraTouch are individually treated with an EPA registered fungal inhibitor that offers excellent protection from mold, mildew, fungus and pests, as well as providing outstanding fire-resistance properties.
UltraTouch can be used for both interior and exterior walls as well as most ceiling applications. UltraTouch can be installed in either wood or metal framing cavities and between furring channels by using a simple friction fit. The product is safe to handle and install without the need for protective clothing or special respiratory equipment.
UltraTouch contains 85% post-industrial recycled natural fibers making it an ideal choice for anyone looking to use a high quality sustainable building material.
- Environmentally Safe
- Class-A Fire Rated
- Maximum R-Value
- Superior Acoustics
- Resists Mold & Mildew
- No Formaldehyde
- No Itch or Skin Irritation
- A LEED Eligible Product
* Tested in accordance with ASTM C -518 at a temperature of 75º F. Higher R-values equal greater insulating power.
|R-Value||||| Depth x
(Fire Hazard Classification)
|Flame Spread 5 (Class 1)
Smoke Developed 35 (Class 1)
|Corrosion Resistance||Passed||ASTM C 739|
|Fungi Resistance||Passed – No Growth||ASTM C-739|
|Bacteria Resistance||Passed – No Growth||ASTM C-739|
|Moisture Absorption||Passed – Less Than 15 %||ASTM C-739|
|Fire Test of Building Material||Passed – 1 Hour Rating||ASTM E-119 / UL-263|
The physical properties of UltraTouch Insulation regularly meet the requirements, specifications, standards and building practices of the following organizations.
- Environmental Specification #1350
- ICC Evaluation Report #1134
- LARR ICC ER #1134
- BOCA Building Officials and Code Administrators
- CABO Council of American Building Officials
- ICBO International Conference of Building Officials
- LEED Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
- SBCCI Southern Building Code Congress International
- California Bureau of Thermal Insulation Lic. #TI-1367/ Reg. # CA-T367AZ