Posted on

Big SALE on LED Lights!

Thomas Edison may be famous for inventing the lightbulb, but he actually invented over 1,000 inventions, including the phonograph and the motion picture camera. Perhaps it’s time to let this old bulb go, especially since the incandescent lightbulb is no longer being manufactured in the U.S., and imports are no longer allowed. In fact, any of these original filament lightbulbs you may find in the store are simply the last of the stock. Unfortunately, Edison’s bulbs are incredibly inefficient, giving away about 90% of their electricity; leaving only 10% for your actual light.

So, what do we do for our lighting needs—our reading lamps, ceiling fixtures, sconces, and so on? It doesn’t seem like those curly-Q bulbs were very successful, making buzzing noises, taking ages to warm up, breaking rather easily and contaminating with mercury, and finally burning out too soon for the cost.

Enter LED lights. LED means “light emitting diode.” It may be a familiar term as diodes have been used in many technologies such as radios, televisions and computers. With an electrical current, the diode emits a bright light around a small bulb.

Right now, consumers can take advantage of Eco-Building Products’ great price break for three LED lights: the Viribright 5 watt, 8 watt, and 10 watt. Below are some interesting comparison facts to help you better understand the value of using LED lights over those old incandescents in your home and business.

  • The average LED lasts about 25,000 life hours.
  • The average incandescent light lasts about 2,000 life hours.
  • An LED will burn 4 hours per day for over 17 years.
  • Incandescent lights burn out about 12.5 times before the LED light burns out!

After you have replaced your incandescent light over 12 times throughout the lifetime of a single LED light, you will have spent approximately three times as much money on incandescent lights as you would have on just one single LED light. If changing a particular hard-to-reach light bulb is a real hassle it makes cents to install an LED so you will be hassle-free because these lights burn infinitely longer.

So, think about it…how through the years we’ve spent money, albeit a small amount each time, over and again to replace our light bulbs, which inconveniently burn out in all the hard-to-reach places (anyone got vaulted ceilings?).

Now, let’s compare the approximate operational costs between Viribright LED and incandescent lights over the course of a 17-year / 25,000 hours lifetime. Following is a chart to help you compare not only the electrical usage between LED and incandescent lights, but also the costs over this 17-year span. And of course, we’ve worked out the savings on average for the comparison for these three levels of light output to help give you an idea of the LED’s efficiency.

LEDs versus Incandescents

40W Incandescent
50W Incandescent
75W Incandescent
Usage 125 kW hrs 1,000 kW hrs 200 kW hrs 1,250 kW hrs 250 kW hrs 1,875 kW hrs
Cost $17.50 at $0.14/kW hr $140 at $0.14/kW hr $28.00 at $0.14/kW hr $175 at $0.14/kW hr $35.00 at $0.14/kW hr $263 at $0.14/kW hr
LED Use Equals Savings $122.50 $147.00 $228.00

Comparison of the efficiency of LED lights versus incandescent lights.


Finally, there’s one area that’s vital to mention in today’s global climate changes: what does choosing one of these LED lights over an incandescent mean for our environment? Again, we are using a 17-year span to evaluate approximate numbers.

chart 2

There’s no doubt about it: LED lights reduce financial and environmental cost significantly. And, simply put, the incandescents are outdated, inefficient, and impractical. Its time to replace with LEDs

As a rule of thumb, there are three colors, the warm white is recommended for home usage, for example, accent lighting; cool white is typically used for working areas you may need a bright light such as the kitchen; and natural is used in businesses to keep employees alert and upbeat. Eco-Building Products special prices are only available until Thursday, February 20, so put in your order today! Click here to contact Eco-Building Products.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *