Rubio Monocoat Aqua Precolor
Rubio Monocoat Aqua Precolor is a unique water based stain that inhibits the ambering normally associated with applying clear finishes to wood; especially oils. It also contains a small amount of blue/green tint that tends to cancel or mute the pink normally found in oaks.
When you apply any color to wood, the color is modified by the underlying wood color; colors appear less “true” due to this effect. The use of Aqua Precolor White 01 can lead to a purer color when the finish is applied. As with any finish product, sample to make sure you achieve the desired result. Also be aware that this is a water-based finish and must be applied evenly to achieve a good result.
- 100 ml.
- 1 liter.
- White (Dark Brown, Dark Grey, and Black have been discontinued).
- Depending on the type wood and preparation: 200 to 400 sq. ft. / liter.
Directions For Use:
- Sand the surface according to professional standards. When renovating old floors you must completely remove all residues from previous treatments.
- Vacuum the surface and clean with Monocoat Raw Wood Cleaner, then allow the wood to completely dry before proceeding.
- Stir the product well.
- Apply Aqua Precolor White 01 evenly with a brush or cloth. After a few minutes, wipe off any surface residue. Watch for overlapping: to avoid this, always finish an entire board.
- Allow the surface to dry for 1 to 3 hours. Drying times depend on humidity, temperature, and ventilation.
- Buff the floor with a red or tan pad to remove raised wood grain before oiling. Afterwards, vacuum thoroughly.
- Finish the floor with Rubio Monocoat Oil.
This product is being replaced by Precolor Easy with a wider range of colors available. Call us for more information (231-399-0700).